The verdicts in the second wave of the Bolotnaya Square Case will be announced in Zamoskvoretsky Court in Moscow on August 18. The prosecutor asked the court to sentence Alexander Margolin and Alexei Gaskarov to four years in prison; Ilya Gushchin, to three years and three months in prison; and Elena Kokhtareva, to three years and three months suspended, with four years of probation. All four defendants have been accused under Article 212 Part 2 (involvement in riots) and Article 318 Part 1 (use of non-threatening violence against a public official) of the Russian Federal Criminal Code.
On August 4, Alexei Gaskarov made his closing statement in court. This is the complete text of his speech.
- Alexei Gaskarov: “If, in this country, the way to freedom runs through prison, we are ready to go”
- Solidarität gegen die Verfolgung von NGOs als „Foreign Agents“ in Russland
- politischer Reisebericht aus Griechenland in Hamburg
- Berlín: Mensaje solidario con la lucha en Brasil
- Call For International Solidarity With Anti-fascist Jock Palfreeman